Stat Counter

Monday, October 17, 2011

Feeding America & The Chew

So happy for The Chew and their partnership with Feeding America. I love the focus they had today on affordable meals. I wish I had seen that back when we randomly had limes in our food pantry, because they even addressed this.
I'm also happy that they showcased using ground turkey, because right now we have a lot of ground chicken we are passing out, and it inspires me to let people know some ways they can use it. Frankly, just because you suddenly get in a tight spot and find yourself in need of a pantry, you don't also suddenly become a genius at learning how to prepare foods that you might not have worked with before.
Learning to work with a diet primarily of canned foods is something we need to start educating people about. Not only do you need this skill when getting food from a pantry, but it is also an important way to help people learn to manage their food budget.

Anyway, here is the link to the promo on Facebook (since I can't find it anywhere else):
The Chew partners with Feeding America

No comments:

Post a Comment